Sustainability on-the-go doesn’t have to be hard! I promise.
Until the end of time, I will advocate for doing what you can when you can. This journey isn't meant to be perfect. Sometimes convenience is going to be the best option for you, and that means the less eco-friendly option is going to be the best one for you that day. And you know what? That's 100% ok friend.
If you're struggling to think of ways to incorporate sustainability into your summer travels, here’s a peek at 10 of my favorite eco-friendly travel swaps:
- Bamboo travel toothbrush - we carry a compact one that includes a case! Best part? Replacement heads can be purchased to extend the life of the case.
- Travel shampoo and conditioner - we have mini versions of both that can be refilled in the store OR from your full size bottles! Prefer to go liquid free? I have curated an ah-mazing assortment of shampoo and conditioner bars.
- Reusable bamboo spork - reusable flatware can be clunky, but this spork is perfectly compact. Plus, it includes a case to keep it from getting gross in your bag.
- Silicone straw - reusable straws can also be super clunky. I adore how easily this one folds up for your bag or car.
- Glass nail file - an infinitely reusable nail file is the perfect way to smooth broken nails while traveling.
- Bandana - the ultimate accessory. They don’t take up a ton of space in your suitcase, add a perfect pop of color to any outfit, and can be used multiple ways!
- Toothpaste tablets - three cheers for less liquid in your bag! Try the sample packs for shorter trips to lighten your load.
- Travel lotion - a rich blend of pure aloe and rose hips oil nourish your skin while traveling. This can also be refilled in store!
- Reusable swab - replace single use cotton swabs with just one reusable swabs. Prefer a more traditional option? We have a completely plastic free option made of bamboo and organic cotton.
- Go-to travel pant - everyone needs a pant that is versatile, comfortable and makes them feel put together at the same time. Check out a few of my favorites here. Pro top: pick an option you can style multiple ways to make your travel wardrobe work harder for you!
Hi, I'm Sara!
If you are new around these parts, let me first say welcome! I am so happy you are here. Secondly, you may be wondering who exactly is Terra Shepherd. Terra Shepherd is actually not a person - it is a business name, a place, a way of thinking, and a community.
It is my goal to connect you with your clothing on a deeper level than you likely ever have by telling the stories of the makers, fabrics, production practices, and brands I have selected to carry in the store. I hope to help you realize the incredible value of investing in garments you truly love and are excited to cherish for years to come.
This space is intended to be one in which we learn and grow together. I welcome and encourage your feedback - it will serve as my guide with this journal.
Welcome to Terra Shepherd friends.