We're re-opening! (well, sort of)
Oh, that magical question.. "When are you re-opening?"
Since I made the difficult decision to close our doors to the public on March 23 in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, I have desperately tried to figure out the "right" time to re-open our doors.
As the owner of a business rooted in social responsibility, I have committed my mission to prioritizing the wellbeing of people and the environment over profit. These priorities have guided every single decision I have made in this business from day one.
I now find myself toeing a fine line between my commitment to this mission and the very survival of my business.
Truth be told, there is no "right" time and no "right" way to navigate a path forward. Like all small business owners, I am simply doing the best I can to make decisions that allow me to sleep at night but also keep my business alive.
I fully respect and honor the tough decisions being made each day by my fellow business owners, but I am not quite ready to open our doors to the public. I am proud to have created a space where our guests are enticed to touch, smell, try, and truly experience our beautiful products; but I believe we need more information and time to evaluate how to best return to that same experience.
Until then, my team and I are excited to have found an opportunity to begin to welcome your beautiful faces back into the shop in a more controlled environment to test the waters.
We are making a limited number of appointments available each week to provide you a personalized sustainable shopping experience. Right now these appointments will provide us with a safer way to invite you into the shop while offering you a one-on-one shopping experience in our lovely store. We are excited to continue to develop this experience to become a permanent part of our offerings to YOU, our beloved community.
This is an ideal opportunity for those who:
- Would like the opportunity to try items on in store;
- Desire styling assistance;
- Are interested in building a capsule wardrobe;
- Want to learn more about sustainable fashion and the impact of their buying decisions.
What we ask of you at this time:
- Please use provided hand sanitizer upon entry to the shop.
- Face masks will be required at this time. Reusable cloth masks are available for purchase at this store if you need one.
- Keep a loving distance of six feet between yourself and our team.
- Fitting rooms will be sanitized between each appointment.
- All non purchased clothing will be steamed in an effort to sanitize the materials.
This situation continues to be fluid and ever evolving (which is torture for this Type A personality), but I welcome you to the latest chapter of this journey and thank you for your continued support of me, my team, and our small business!